Support Classical Music radio with your Amazon purchase today!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Poverty Party Post - hi BOSSY

say *that* 10 times quickly - better than red leather yellow leather for a vocal warmup.

You will see I have added the BOSSY'S Poverty Party icon on the right - if you aren't familiar with her humorous take on damn near everything, well you just go enjoy.

TPP is for those of us in the blogosphere who might want to save a few shekels now and then.

Todays example, while not opera-related, will hopefully tweak you into looking seriously at: YOUR INSURANCE POLICY.

So my auto insurance was with that cute little esurance gal: clever commercials, committed to a paperless business model, and at the time: LOW rates.

In the time I was with them, no claims, no accidents, no NOTHING. And in return?

They raised my rates. Then, as a birthday present (mine was last week) they raised them again.

Reasoning? Well...you live in Michigan. Um what? The state with nearly double-digit inflation, and the highest unemployment in the US since 2004?

Hell to the no.

So I made a few calls, and found a comparable company, with a less cute, more irritating spokesmodel - think "tricked-out nametag". and they lowered my rate for the SAME EXACT policy by $76/month, or $912.00 a YEAR.

Thats some savings, folks.

2 comments:

  1. I've been with Progressive for maybe 2 years, or less, and I be likin' it. I'd actually allowed mine to expire with another company and Progressive allowed me to jump right in no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They upped your rate because you live in Michigan? That sucks. I already use the "tricked-out nametag" people. Guess I'd better stay.

    ReplyDelete